Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am representing my contested divorce case pro se, i

Customer Question
hi i am representing my...
hi i am representing my contested divorce case pro se, i currently have a 2nd trial being held on the 3rd of april. I would like to sanction my husband and his council for excessive and unnecessary litigation. Is this something that is required to be filed before we enter into the court room or is it something that i may present in the courtroom on the trial date.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer

Generally, anytime you want the court to act on something there has to be a written request filed in advance. That's the purpose of the motion. To articulate what you want the court to do, and to give notice to the other party of what you want the court to do. So you should draft the motion for sanctions and file it before the trial date, and indicate that you want to argue the motion at your trial.

Please let me know if there is anything else you want to discuss. I would be happy to continue this conversation. If so just reply to this response. If you are satisfied with this response, please Accept the answer and provide a rating. Doing so costs you nothing extra. Experts are independent contractors and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for the time reviewing and responding to questions as we are not employees of the site. You may also get a request for a telephone call, but that is from the site and not the experts. I hope your legal issue works out to your satisfaction

If you are satisfied with my responses to your questions, please accept the answer, and provide a rating (5 stars would be appreciated). It cost you nothing additionally to do so. The experts who answer your questions are independent contractors, and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for our responses. Thanks, ***** ***** hope everything works out to your satisfaction.