Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Very quick question, I hope. We reside in county Nevada (Las…

Very quick question, I...

Very quick question, I hope. We reside in Clark county Nevada (Las Vegas). Our grandchildren are residing in Arizona with their custodial mother. She does not want us seeing the grandchildren, but the father does who resides in Nevada. Do we have any means legally to get visitation rights as grandparents? Nevada does have a means within their laws, but I'm not sure about Arizona.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, we are just beginning..i investigat3d here in Clark county where the family court judgements were made for custody and divorce, however, I was told I n3ed to pursue this in Arizona since the grandchildren have lived there for more than 6 months

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ironically, the custodial parent is my natural daughter

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Hello, and thank you

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Nisha Jones
Phone call session started
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones