Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am a psychiatrist exploring a legal issue for a patient:

Customer Question
I am a psychiatrist...

I am a psychiatrist exploring a legal issue for a patient: Developmentally delayed 18 year old whose 56 year old neighbor has been grooming her and propositioning her. Pt currently hospitalized. Mother overwhelmed. Can a victim advocate support mother thru the legal process?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Mother went to the PD and was told nothing they can do due to 18 years old and no crime actually committed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is she in?

MA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Mother also will file for guardianship

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I only have a brief qx. Is there a fee?

Yes, actually it's only about $42 for our entire conversation. There's a $59 premium phone call you can accept by a request sent automatically by the system, but that's optional. Did you want to continue?

Thank you
I will pass your info to the patient.tsc

Understood.