Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was sleeping with an employee, we both were fired for the…

I was sleeping with an...
I was sleeping with an employee, we both were fired for the inter office affair and are no longer employed by the same company. she claimed I got her pregnant and I paid for the abortion. She has not told her husband about pregnancy or abortion. I feel the husband needs to know, since there is a chance it was his baby too. Are there legal or privacy restrictions around what I can or can’t say? She left all of the documentation at my house to hide from her husband so I have access to all of the details, including sonogram.
3/28/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The medical privacy laws apply to healthcare providers and healthcare insurers, to private persons. The question you need to ask yourself is what does disclosure to the husband get you. If this is being done because she has broken up with you or for some personal reason on your part, while it is not illegal for you to do, it gains you nothing at all other than you creating a scene and an argument with her and her husband.

However it would not be illegal and it would also be able to be mailed to the husband anonymously if you want and that would not violate any laws.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thanks

Thank you.