Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have filed for a divorce on my own. My husband has been to…

Customer Question
I have filed for...

I have filed for a divorce on my own. My husband has been to two different rehabs and failed would it help my case to win our home if I got the reports from the rehab

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I have filed the papers at the courthouse but have not had him served yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, My husband is a alcoholic and was in the hospital about 4 weeks ago from a alcholic siezure and was put on life support. after he got better the dr told him that if he continued the road he was going down he would be back in the hospital dead or on life support. I carry ins on him if I drop him off the ins and he ends up back in the hospital would our children be responsible for his debt?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!