Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was a parent in the state of Nevada. While taking 6 kids…

Customer Question
Hello, I was a...

Hello, I was a foster parent in the state of Nevada. While taking 6 foster kids to court, I left my 4 year old grandchild in the car for about 10 minutes. When I realized what had happen I proceeded to retrieve my grandson, but was meet by the police. They handcuffed me, investigated the situation and later dropped all charges. However, the Department of Family Services (DFS) substantiate a report of child abuse and is proceeding to put my name in the child abuse registry of the state.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in NV family court?

I have 3 more days to file an appeal

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

II was a foster parent for 3 years and have coached pee wee football for over 20 years

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/29/2018
Family Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 27 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I am ok with waiting
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 25 days ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. I am a Certified Child Welfare Law Specialist.

i read your summary but am unsure what your question is?

Ely, Counselor at Law