Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can I just state we have no assets, cash, investment

Customer Question
Can I just state...

Can I just state we have no assets, cash, investment accounds, etc if when we seperated 9 months ago we divided everything already and signed an agreement stating no further division would be made and all assets owned after that agreement would not be further divided.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

For an uncontested divorce No papers filed at all Using CompleteCase to file

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
We have been living apart with all accounts/assets divided and all debts closed out as of June 1, 2017.
3/28/2018
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 2 months ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. If neither part disputes the asset ad income claims of the other, and come to agreement on al issues, it is unlikely the Court will question the claims. Be aware , though, that Sworn financial Statements will need to be submitted. Untrue statements, if discovered, can be grounds for a perjury charge.

your Separation Agreement can be submitted to the Court... the Court can make the terms of that agreement the final Judgment.

Do you have further questions?