Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If my wife has temporary physical custody of your child, can…

Customer Question
If my wife has...

If my wife has temporary physical custody of your child, can i keep her if shes physically and mentally abused?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

As of now our divorce will be final in late May.. I had a serious car accident 4 years ago that has left me a quadraphonic.. She filed for divorce in July. I see our 6 year old daughter 8 hours a week, because at the time I was living with myself.. My sister has moved in with me permanently. But when I see our daughter she tells me that she's afraid at home because her step brother kicks her and her mom hits her with a belt

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Theres a lot more. But it's difficult for me to type

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You also would file a motion for modification and alert the police of immediate physical threats and harm.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
thank you.. My is only 6 years old and I need and she definitely needs serious help. I absolutely fear for her safety!!
Very welcome. Good luck!Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer