Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If my child was served a snack on an airline on March that…

If my child was...

If my child was served a snack on an airline on March that says best before Jan 18. Is that legal? Knowing that i would never give my child anythjng that is expired even if it's still safe

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Sorry??

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

This is not a family issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/27/2018
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Did your son suffer any any illness or injury as a result of the expired snack?

Have you filed a complaint with the airline?

My daughter had diarrhea but again we we were stuck in the airplane for 3 hours before the take off so i am not sure what caused the illness. I filed a complaint, they said they were sorry to hear that we were served this but "best before" date doesnt affect the food safety

Thank you for the additional information.

The airline did not break any laws and a civil claim will be difficult without any medical diagnosis or treatment.

This is more of a customer service issue than a legal one. So, you may want to pursue this further with the customer service dept of the airline. If they will not offer any coupons or vouchers, you can take your future business to a carrier that values your patronage.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want you spinning your wheels on this.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered our question? Please let me know.

Are you still online with me?

Thank you so much for your reply. This was my only question.Regards
Farah

You are very welcome.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you for using JA.

Thanks. If i have a question on another topic will i br charged?

I am happy to answer your follow up questions.

I mean there's another issue i want to check on. In case of a divorce if the mother has custody of the child. In addition to child support ,Is the father obliged to contribute to the school fees of the child (the child goes to private school)

If you have a new question site rules require you open a new thread.

Thank you for understanding.

If you have no further questions regarding the airline, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Lawyer
Thank you

You are very welcome. Thank you for using JA.