Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Does a Stipulation that has been finalized in written form…

Customer Question
Does a Stipulation that...

Does a Stipulation that has been finalized in written form by a mediator and signed by both parties remain valid if the parties do not file for divorce for an extended period of time?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

None. No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Utah

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/27/2018
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 2 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Yes, the stipulation is an agreement like any other if it is signed by both parties. Depending upon the nature of the agreement and the language in the agreement (whether it's meant to be temporary, etc.) it may​ be challenged. I'd be happy to give you a more specific answer if you need one but I really can't at this point without knowing more.

Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.