Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex husband sent me a letter from his lawyer stating that…

Customer Question
Hi there my ex...

Hi there my ex husband sent me a letter from his lawyer stating that he wants the child support to stop, his wages are garnished. He is stating to his lawyer that one out of two of our boys are living with him ful time and says our 2nd boy lives him %60 of the time which isnt true. Says he had proof of documentation and wants retro active dating back to a year ago. What can i do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No i havent i cant afford a lawyer. We have a court order stating the kids are to live with me and he has broken it. It states on court order that his wages are to be garnished. He didnt pay me for four years. I so no to retro active. He makes about $98,000 a year and I make $18,0000 a year. our kids are 15 and 16

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I am in New Brunswick Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that one of my sons (15 year old is abusing me and badgering and his father has him sending me messages about what i should be doing with my support. and has our 15 year bad mouthing me saying i am a terrible mom for getting child support of of his dad.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/27/2018
Family Lawyer: DanLegal, Divorce Lawyer replied 5 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Divorce Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what specifically do you need help with?

Dix u read my question?

Yes - are you looking for what will happen in court? What you can do to combat his motion? Will you need an attorney? I want to be able to answer your question directly but I am only allowed to answer one question at a time.