Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question about enforcement of my divorce decree.

I have a question...

I have a question about enforcement of my divorce decree

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My ex-wife was ordered to pay for a car that we both co-signed. She hid the fact that she did not pay for 3 months and the car was repossessed. I was forced to file bankruptcy as it doubled my debt-load after the divorce. There is an indemnity clause in my divorce decree. Can I sue her for damages and failure to abide by the orders?

3/27/2018
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Nisha Jones
Thank you!
Phone call session started