Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was granted a divorce when I lived in New Orleans. I now…

Customer Question
Hello, i was granted...

Hello, i was granted a divorce when I lived in New Orleans . I now live in Wisconsin and my expire lives in CA. I agreed to give her half of my pension but it was not set up in the divorce decree. How can I go about getting her the money without me being responsible for the taxes.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Thank you. Billy Jones

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Wisconsin

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/27/2018
Family Lawyer: Sean K, Family Law Attorney replied 2 months ago
Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

So the process is pretty straight forward. Did you work previously for the military or in the private sector. That being said, I did want to ask as to the "agreement" to give her a part of your pension. Was it addressed at all via the Court paperwork or was it just an agreement between you and her?