Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Filling out forms and have a question on the date of

Customer Question
Hello. Filling out forms...

Hello. Filling out forms and have a question on the date of separation

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Not yet, I'm about to file and need to know about a separation dat. We are still living under the same roof.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/27/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Ok

I would complete it with today's date and file your documents.Texas has sixty day waiting period from when you file here your divorce and decree can be granted by the judge.It is not necessary for you to physically separate here.You can pick the date you file the petition here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Thank you

You are so welcome thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.

One more
Should I sign the petition when I go to file or can I do before as I am making the two required copies

You can file it at home, make copies and take with you.Don't have to sign it there.