Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Going threw a divorce. We have a pre trial set for aug of…

Customer Question
Going threw a divorce...

Going threw a divorce. We have a pre trial set for aug of this year. Then trial set for sept. My wifes attorney just filed a motion stating. You are hereby notified that petitioner will on monday, the9thof april, 2018 at 9am, or as soon thereafter as counsel may be heard, call up vor hearing and disposition hermotion for leave to file responsive pleading out of time and suggestions in support thereof in the above entitled cause. What does this mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes my wife wants a divorce and she has filed, since april of 2017.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Mo.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Ok

She is late filing her answer and counterclaim.You should oppose the motion and argue its too late and default divorce should be granted.She was negligent here in responding to the divorce.Court might deny the motion here, its worth you opposing it.You can file a response to motion and argue she was not diligent and default should be granted.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.