Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a prenup and my divorce attorney was on board with…

Customer Question
I have a prenup...

I have a prenup and my divorce attorney was on board with claims and proof against my husband for household repairs he left me with etc. and my husband has a lot of money... then after the police were involved he suddenly changed his approach to my case and basically told me just take this xyzzy money offer it's better than nothing. I think he may have taken some $$$ from my husbands attorney what should I do now

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Nothing against my attorney this sudden change just happened yesterday! We were scheduled for a special masters session at the end of the month

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

CT

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks I just want to know. how to proceed with the divorce now going forward after the meeting yesterday

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/27/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You may want to change lawyers if you want to keep fighting for more money here.You have valid reasons to question your current lawyer.It does make you consider a change of direction and a new lawyer here.

You can terminate them in writing and then hire another one.Ask for your case files when you settle up with him and terminate here.Sounds like he just gave up and thats not good for you.A change of lawyers may be your next step.

Lawyer Referral Services

COUNTY NUMBER

Allegany County
(Christina Gonzaga-Hamilton)(301)(###) ###-####/p>

Anne Arundel County(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Baltimore City (###) ###-####/p>

Baltimore County (###) ###-####/p>

Calvert County
(Mark Carmean)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Caroline County
(Robert Thornton, Jr)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Carroll County(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Cecil County
(Jennifer Hammond)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Charles County(301)(###) ###-####/p>

Dorchester County
(Mid-Shore Pro-Bono Referral Service)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Frederick County(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Garrett County

Harford County(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Howard County(443)(###) ###-####/p>

Kent County

Montgomery County(301)(###) ###-####/p>

Prince George’s County(301)(###) ###-####/p>

Queen Anne County

Saint Mary's CountyNone, Use Charles or Calvert County

Somerset County
Mid-Shore Pro-Bono Referral Service(Anna M. Rounds)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Talbot County
(Kara Miller)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Washington CountyNone, use Allegany, Frederick, or Baltimore County

Wicomico County
(Ashley Bosche)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

Worcester County
(Frank Benvenutu)(410)(###) ###-####/p>

I appreciate the chance to help you .Prayers to you here moving forward.

If you can positive rate5 stars it is much appreciated.