Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

We are filing a Motion to Quash a Subpoena for bank records,

Customer Question
We are filing a...

We are filing a Motion to Quash a Subpoena for bank records, do we need to request a hearing date.?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

We know what to do, just need an answer on the question we asked.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

This is not a family matter this is a civil case. This is of the Superior Court of California Los Angeles.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No tahnks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/26/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

The answer to your question is no; most judges in LA county require that you schedule a hearing if you are going to be filing a motion to quash. In my experience in filing a motion at the Chatsworth courthouse, a hearing request must be filed for every motion that you have. It's rare they will grant a motion just in writing, but will often want to hear your oral arguments for the hearing. Accordingly, if you draft the motion, be sure to put your a) notice of motion; b) the actual motion itself; c) your points and authorities (the law that supports your motion; and d) your prayer for relief (asking the court to quash. You must typically reserve your court date online first and then file your motion. Once you file your motion after you've reserved, serve that paperwork on the other party.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Thanks for your answer. So I am clear, one I apply for the reserve number at the Superior Court, I do not need to ask for a hearing date on the Motion Documents, is that correct?

You're welcome. Correct. Your hearing will already be scheduled before you file the documents so you won't need to request it in the motion documents.

Did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

Thanks, ***** ***** very helpful..

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!