Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How can I prove to my family I've been molested when I was…

Customer Question
How can I prove...

How can I prove to my family I've been molested when I was younger

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No it happened when I was 10 and I just recently told them last month I'm 20 now

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Mass

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How much money will this be because I'm having financial problems

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/26/2018
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, these cases are so difficult to prove. You would need some type of witness or evidence to the allegations. It has to be more than just you saying it happened I am sorry to say. You have only 3 years from when you turn 18 in MA to file a civil suit.

If you do not have the evidence or witnesses or an admission from one of the perpetrators or someone who knew about it at the time, then you can report it to the police. If the police cannot uncover any evidence or witnesses though, I am sorry to say you may never get the closure you are seeking to this matter.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.