Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

As a grandparent do I have any rights to the home my

Customer Question
As a grandparent do...

As a grandparent do I have any rights to mark the home my grandchild is in is not a firetrap?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No I have asked my daughter in law to let son stay itch us till the situation changes

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My daughter in law is not here legally. I don't want her or family in trouble

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/26/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

If I can clarify, are you asking whether you have the right to remove the child from the home?