Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My father and step mother owned a home together. She has…

Customer Question
My father and step...

My father and step mother owned a home together. She has been gone since August of 2010 and my father passed in October of 2017, leaving me executrix of his Estate. My step mom’s daughter is telling me that I cannot disburse the personal things, furniture etc. that it is community property and it is her’s also. I need to know my rights and is she correct. The home is in Florida where I live also. Thank you!

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It is in Florida and Imput that in my message

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

My father’s will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really, that’s the problem at this time

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Family Law
3/26/2018
Family Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 30 days ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

You mention the home is in Florida. Did your Father reside and pass away in Florida also? Or was he living somewhere else?

Ely, Counselor at Law