Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How much will cost to hire an attorney for child support and…

Customer Question
How much will cost...

How much will cost to hire an attorney for child support and custody ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

The child support been ordered at least five years ago . the DHS sand me paperwork for review that i need help with and he haven't seen child fer last 7 years so i need take custody on disabled child. he does leave in Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't have a lot of money but i can make payments

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

JustAnswer provides general legal information only, and in accordance with site policy, none of the attorneys here are able to retain clients through the site, so neither myself nor any of the attorneys could personally represent you in this matter.

However I can answer any legal questions you might have in regards ***** ***** case and I can let you know how you can in fact get in touch with an attorney to take your case.

With regards ***** ***** attorneys are given wide discretion in setting their fees and how much they can charge.

Family law attorneys generally range anywhere between $100/ hour - $400/ hour.

The more experience an attorney has, the higher the hourly rate for a family lawyer will be.

You can contact the Arkansas State Bar for a referral to a family lawyer in the county where this case will be heard.

The phone number is:

***-***-****

There are sometimes pro bono lawyers available who can take your case for free, so be sure to ask about that possibility as well.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones