Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife and I have a 10 year old daughter which my wife has…

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I have a 10 year old daughter which my wife has full custody. I am the stepfather and have been in her life since she was 2. Her biological father has visitation every other weekend. When Iwent to pick her up they were not there. I called and he said she was staying with him and he was going back to court. By doing this she will miss school. What are our options?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

She gained full custody when she was 3

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We want to know how to get her back.He by court order is not allowed to drive her anywhere

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/26/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: Go there with the Custody/Visitation Order, then call the Police to help you retrieve the child. If the Police refuses to assist, your wife should immediately file Emergency Motion for Order for him to immediately release the child. He has no right to do what he did.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.