Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I had an atty for the last couple of months for 2 court

Customer Question
I had an atty...

I had an atty for the last couple of months for 2 court dates in CO but my ex is questioning one of the judge's orders, he perceives it one way and I perceive it another, and now need to file a motion on my own. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in CO family court?

We filed the divorce papers back in 2014 and didn't have lawyers back then but I filed motions on my own to go back to court in nov 2017 and jan 2018.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Yes. i had a lawyer but i just cannot afford it right now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope. that's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 4 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Did your attorney file any motions on your behalf you can use as a template for this one? Or did the opposing attorney, if there was one?

If not, if you care to send me your city and county in CO, I can do some research to see if your jurisdiction offers court forms on-line or court centered self-help centers.

Sue