Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can someone help me get my granddaughter back? she was taken…

Customer Question
Can someone help me...

Can someone help me get my granddaughter back? she was taken on Jan 23rd because I had a beer can on the coffee table and the baby mother who tested positive for meth minutes before told the cps girl that I was a drunk and I take painkillers. I DONT DO DRUGS, and drink few beers

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Had meeting 3 20 18 they want me to go to meetings however they are stallingme. Now family court

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

CPS ARE a bunch of crooks and scammers

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/25/2018
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 3 months ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Hi. I am the expert that will be answering your questions.

I am a Certified Child Welfare Law Specialist.

First off, having fought with CPS for 32 years, I agree that they bare often out of control in this country.

Tell me why you were taking care of the child and not her parents? Under what legal authority?

the father ,my son and the mother are drug adickes

Was there any Court Order giving you custody or guardianship, or did the parents just decide to leave the child with you voluntarily? How long were you caring for the child?

no court. the father my son lives with me, was doing better with drugs but now hes doing more than ever. I do have the support feom grand mother and great grand mother. we were all doing great untill ths happen. hopeing son gets better but i am capable without him.
everone on bothe sides of family want the mother to go to prison!!!

OK, so if you were never the "legal" guardian or custodian you have few legal rights as they pertain to the child. Certainly you can offer yourself to CPS as a potential placement for the child, but if your son lives with you that is never going to happen. It also appears that, rightly or wrongly, CPS has concerns about your sobriety.

There is little you can do. Your son, however., must be sure to answer any papers he received from CPS and the Court... he and his Attorney cam be the ones who try to convince CPS that you would be an appropriate placement for the child and to place the child with you.

thank you

I wish i had better news for you. Do you have any further questions?

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please feel free to ask more questions and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.