Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If a court order states at age one father's time is to

If a court order states...
If a court order states at age one father's time is to include overnights. Who determines what day(s) that is to be. Can i say no as the primary care giver?
3/25/2018
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Normally the court order will specify which day ( and the relevant drop off and pick up times, along with who is responsible for drop off and pick up). If the order is silent then the parties can attempt to agree as to date and time otherwise a parent would need to file a motion for clarification so the court can issue a more precise order.
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Court order currently states that father has visitation Mondays Tuesday Thursday at 3:15 3-4 our placement periods. When the child reaches the age of one year parties will expand father's placement to include overnights.
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

Generally that would be understood to include overnights on the day the father has visitation but whenever an order is not 100% clear it is possible to motion for clarification.

I don't believe I've seen a parent go from one hour of visitation to overnights. Normally the increase is more gradual so the child can become accommodated to the change in schedule.