Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What can I do if my Babies Mother wants to take me to court…

Customer Question
What can I do...

What can I do if my Babies Mother wants to take me to court to get full custody after weve had a 51 49 custody agreement for over a year now?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Not yet because I just got the citation notice.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No Ma'am

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/25/2018
Family Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Simply because she wants full custody, a judge is going to be unlikely to grant her that request unless there is some reason that the children shouldn't be permitted with the other parent. During a custody hearing, a judge is going to determine what is in the best interest of the child, and not permitting a willing father to share custody with the mother is going to be unlikely to be the outcome.

I would suggest hiring a local family law attorney in your area who can help represent you during the hearing to make sure that your parental rights are protected. You can search on avvo.com to find a family law attorney in your area; you should try to find one that specializes in representing fathers.

I hope this has been helpful. Is so, please provide a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today. 5 stars would be greatly appreciated!

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney