Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I'd like to marry with my girlfriend. Not at all we both are…

Hello I'd like to...

Hello I'd like to marry with my girlfriend

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Not at all we both are not citizen in usa but we both legal here

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

In PA. we are on F-1 Visa statu we are F-1 student and we want to marry

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are F-1 Students. We both lives in PA and same home for 3 years. She is from Russia. I am from Turkey. We both have social security number but I lost mine( remember the number thou)

3/25/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Thank you

That should not be a problem.

PA requirements

Marriage Law Requirements for Pennsylvania Marriage Licenses:

Just go and get the license, its good for 60 days to marry here.

Congrats here, I wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

• Applicants that wish to be legally married in the state of Pennsylvania must first apply for a marriage license application at their nearest Marriage License Bureau of the Register of Wills and complete the application process.

• Minimum age to marry in Pennsylvania is 15. Minors must have both the written approval of a judge of the Orphans’ Court Division of the Common Pleas and a written consent from a parent or legal guardian.

• Legal age to apply for a marriage license in Pennsylvania is 18.

• Applicants should take the necessary steps to obtain a Marriage License 2 to 3 weeks before the scheduled date of their marriage ceremony.

• Both applicants seeking a marriage license must appear together in person at the Marriage License Bureau of the Register of Wills office to complete the process.

• Photo identification is required.

• Marriage license fees vary from county to county. Please call the county Register of Wills in which you will be applying for their fees and other requirements.

• There is a three (3) day waiting period from the completion of the application process to the issuance of the license.

• A marriage license is valid for 60 days from date it is issued.

After marriage license, where should I go? And What kind of paper take with me?

You can marry at court house if you want ask the clerk they can schedule it for you there.Judges marry people all the time.

Judge will sign license after he married you and records it here.Congrats on the marriage.Thanks for rating 5 stars.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
After I get my marriage license what should I do? I could not find information about it
you already answer my question as court house but couldnt find necessary doc. etc

Photo id is all you need here, your passport would do.

• Photo identification is required.

when I go to ***** of the Register of Wills and get y marriage license. Is that mean we married already? I am asking the step, after when we get the marriage license already

So you get the license, then you can have judge marry you there at courthouse or minister elsewhere.Just take the license with you wherever you want to be married and they sign it and you file it.License clerk can schedule you for a judge to marry .

1) We cannot do it in same days because the license is not valid first 3 days?
2) Do we need something else different then our marriage license and IDs?
3) Can we marry at any court in PA? Is appointment necessary?

1) We cannot do it in same days because the license is not valid first 3 days? Thats correct you would schedule it when yo get license.

No just some cash to pay for license.

You can schedule wedding in 3 days with judge when you get license.