Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

There is no custody agreement or court order established…

There is no custody agreement...
There is no custody agreement or court order established yet. My wife has filed for divorce and is seeking full custody. Meanwhile she is refusing to let me take take my daughter out of our apartment, that I am no longer living in, for any amount of time. I have asked several times. What avenues do I have if I want to pick my daughter up for a 24 hour period but she keeps saying I can't? We go to court May 2nd, but I don't want to wait that long to spend time with my daughter. I am also afraid she will say I abandoned my daughter and that will hurt my chances of gaining any custody.
3/24/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Absent an agreement you should share visitation and custody. You should have counsel to represent in negotiating terms. You do not abandon rights in this situation where seeking to see child and parent objects.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Great. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer