Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I want my husband to leave. The house is in my name. What…

Customer Question
I want my husband...

I want my husband to leave. The house is in my name. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No. Is that what I should do first.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is a alcoholic. He has cost me so much. I can but trust him. I want a divorce

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/24/2018
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 3 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

It sounds like you may have grounds for a restraining order action. Do you believe there's been emotional, verbal, sexual or physical abuse by your husband?

If so, you can file with the Family Court for a restraining order that includes what's sometimes referred to as a kick out order.

What do you think?

Sue

I have to go off-line for a while.

I'll check back in with you soon.

Sue

Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 2 months ago

Hello. Did you find the information I gave you helpful?

Do you have other questions?

Sue