Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My Daughter and I had a temporary guardianship paper drawn…

Customer Question
My Daughter and I...

My Daughter and I had a temporary guardianship paper drawn up for her children, With the fathers' consent and DSS says it is not legal and called the dad to remove them from my care....we are all upst

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Upset*** Both parents agree that the children stay with me!

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have had them with me since Nov 2017

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No we have do in on our own
I have a notoriety consent
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have a notorazied statement from Both parents
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Do we have to go through the court system even if all parties agree?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
My printer is out if ink, cant upload the document.
3/24/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 28 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more?

Why is DSS involved in the case in the first place?

Why did your daughter and the children's father sign over temporary guardianship of their children to you?

Kindly explain a little more.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
my daughter left the children at home alone and went out of State with a friend. I went and picked the children up and brought them to my house and she had no contact with them nor me for 3 days. I needed help enrolling them in school (I Live outside their current district) and didnt know how to do it without proper documention, so I called DSS and got them involved. This is not their first case with my daughter and the children. About every 6 months for years now! The father does not live in the home and has a new wife n baby on the way. He does not want to raise the boys. 1 boy isnt his biologically, so they dont want the children split and we did what DSS advised and now they say we needed to go in front of a judge to have it done. So Dss called the father and had him come and take the boys or they were going to start foster care proceedings.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I dont have any money

Thank you for the information.

I have provided my response below even if you do not have money to pay.

You need to go to Court and apply for Permanent Guardianship of the Children. You should also simultaneously file Motion for Temporary Guardianship so that where the Petition for Permanent Guardianship is proceeding through the Court, you can be given temporary Guardianship of the children.

You can obtain the Guardianship forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's Office or online if the Court makes forms available online. This should be a relatively simple case since both the mother and father have agreed to give you custody of the children. So, you should have them sign the Guardianship forms provided by the Court to give their consent and waive service in the case.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law