Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I wanted to know what can I do if I am not satisfied with a…

Customer Question
Hi i wanted to...

Hi i wanted to know what can I do if I am not satisfied with a judge’s decision regarding child support and medical expenses?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

I had a court date today

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes he makes way more money thank I do. He is currently on child support my daughter attends a Catholic High School and is in a lot of exctracurricular activites and yet the judge doesn’t do anything about it but ask me to make the expenses including the child support money I am receiving.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/23/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You can seek reargument or appeal.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You want to focus on error or abuse of discretion. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”