Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex tested positive for drugs at work. My attorney

subpoenaed the results of that...
My ex tested positive for drugs at work. My attorney subpoenaed the results of that test. Can I ask him for a copy being that it's part of my file or is there an issue with HIPPA? Custody case in Oklahoma
3/23/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

If your attorney subpoenaed the results AND was able to obtain them they would be part of YOUR case file and therefore you'd be entitled to them - and anything else in your case file. Please let me know if that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, if you wouldn't mind could you please take a moment to submit a rating. It DOES NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively. 5 STARS ★★★★★ is always appreciated! If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating - and of course please ask if you need clarification to anything I've written. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Thank you!

Thanks so much for your rating! If I can ever be of assistance in the future, you can reach me directly by clicking https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-droliviak-jd-md/?rpt=3800 or asking for me directly by putting THIS QUESTION IS FOR OLIVIA before typing your question.