Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My sister was given custody of my minor grandson by social…

Customer Question
My sister was given...

My sister was given custody of my minor grandson by social service and the Dare Co. court. Now she wants to move to Pennsylvania and take him with her. The will be a hardship for me and his father for visitation. What rights to do we have.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in PA family court?

Apparently grandparents have no rights in NC and his father lives in Dare Co NC. I think she is being unfair to his father and me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

We are in NC-Dare County.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My grandson has already been the foster parent route. The caseworker in NC has done everything she could to keep my son from regaining custody.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/23/2018
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 5 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Please cancel transaction

You no longer want assistance?