Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Morning I’m going through a divorce about 3 yrs in now. No…

Customer Question
Morning I’m going through...

Morning I’m going through a divorce about 3 yrs in now. No kids involved. No support payments of any kind. Recently received a divorce judgement from ex and we still have a camper in both our names with debt owing. She claims she filed personal bankruptcy a yr or so ago but bank still has her on the loan. I’ve seen no evidence of this bankruptcy. I have till March 31 to appeal. The registration is also still in both names. Should this be dealt with or let the judgement expire too finalize divorce ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No I haven’t filed anything regarding this yet ? I’ve tried too communicate with her on this to avoid court but no response.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Alberta. Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just this last issue to deal with then finalize divorce

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/23/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
This should be addressed and covered within the divorce. Otherwise risk waiving claims.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
What papers should I file in court ? If I don’t file what’s the result of the outstanding claim I have ?
I am sorry. I see you are in Canada. I need to open this for a Canada expert.