Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

In the state of Missouri how does it take to get on

In the state of Missouri...
In the state of Missouri how long does it take to get on disability for a disabled person if their spouse still has income but they lose their job?
3/23/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Did you file here for SSI or SSDI,thanks

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I’m asking for my brother headed there next week to help them with the process . I don’t know if they have or not yet
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
He’s only 50 so no to ssi but I think they will file for ssdi

SSDI is based strictly on disability, SSI is also based on lack of resources. SSDI is easier to get here.

Reference

For instance, it takes anywhere from thirty to ninety days to get a decision on your initial disability claim. If your initial disability application is denied, you must appeal your denial by filing a request for reconsideration appeal. Your reconsideration appeal takes about sixty days to receive a decision.

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO BE APPROVED FOR SSI OR SOCIAL ...

www.ssdrc.com/disabilityquestions1-20.html

The following information and documents generally will be needed to apply for disability benefits:

• Your Social Security number, as well as the Social Security numbers of your spouse and minor children.

• Your birth certificate (original or certified copy) or an acceptable religious record (such as a baptismal certificate) from earlier than age 5.

• Contact information for doctors, hospitals, and medical personnel who have treated you.

• Dates of your healthcare appointments related to this condition.

• Your prescription information.

• Your medical records and lab results related to this condition.

• A summary of your work history (the last five jobs you’ve held).

• Your most recent Form W-2 earnings statement (one from each of your employers) or your tax return (if you’re self-employed). Photocopies of these documents are acceptable.

• Your military discharge papers, such as DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty). Photocopies of these papers are acceptable.

• Information on other disability claims filed with insurance or workers’ compensation.

• Name and contact information of a friend or relative who can help you with the application.

You may be eligible for up to 12 months of benefits prior to your application date, but not for any month before you became disabled. Back benefits also depend on when the SSA concludes that your disability began.

These are the things they need to bring with them or submit to SSDI.

I appreciate the chance to help.Prayers to them.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Can I ask you another question please? My brother was enlisted in the air force and during basic training received a medical discharge due to an overactive thryroid. Is he eligible for any VA benefits or not due to the discharge ?

He should apply for VA benefits too.It never hurts to try , he may well qualify.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok thx can someone be eligible for both?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
St the same time ?

You can get VA and SSDI here.Thats not a problem.Thank for your patience.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thx
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer