Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Verizon told me I need court order from an attorney in order…

Customer Question
Verizon told me I need...
Verizon told me I need court order from an attorney in order to subpoena phone/text records. I’m getting a divorce and need these records. I am in ohio but not sure of proper steps to take here to secure the info.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Family Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

You would need the court to approve the issuance of the subpoena. Either the court itself or an officer of the court (an attorney in the matter) can issue subpoenas. The law does not prohibit pro se litigants from obtaining subpoenas. A pro se litigant must file an application with the court clerk and a judge must direct or deny the subpoena's issuance. Once you get the Judge's order, then you can issue it.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Family Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 29 days ago

Hello again:

I am checking in with you to see if you need further help. If you need more, just let me know.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney