Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I just been served with divorce petition. No contest. I

Customer Question
I just been served...

I just been served with divorce petition. No contest. I would like to respond to maintain my right to have a say I division of property/ debt and alimony agreements. Do I just download the respondent answer form from this website, fill it out and just mail to the district county clerk office.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Nothing I just was served papers yesterday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

After I responds whats my next step

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly explain a little more.

What website are you referring to?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Txdivorce.org
Respondent's responds to petitioner divorce filling

Thank you for the information.

You may want to take a look at Texaslawhelp.org divorce forms and instructions:

https://texaslawhelp.org/resources/divorce-forms

You would complete and file your answer with the Court and serve your spouse with a copy of the answer. You should also ask the Clerk's office if there is any attachment pursuant to local rules that you need to file. Click here for more information:

https://texaslawhelp.org/checklist/instructions-forms-filing-answer-and-counter-petition-divorce

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law