Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son and daughter in lawhich are seperated. They have been…

Customer Question
My son and daughter...

My son and daughter in lawhich are seperated. They have been sharing custody. My son works long hours to support his son, he pays all medical bills , child card etc. His wife has tried to commit suicide when son was 21 months. Refused all medical help, I tool my grandson to fla after spending ten day taking total car of him in NY. She never worked, when the through the job after job. Now she lives in one bedroom apartment and moved boyfriend in, where does my grandson sleep??? She want sole custody and to move to California with my son's son. My son makes good money and lives in 4 bedroom house and has help whenever needed.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Calling lawyer tomorrow to set up appointment. Even while she lived in house with my son she lived in studio apartment for over a year. Son has many many emails and texts stating she never wanted to be mother! Also many personal statements from people saw how she sat unlined 24 /7 . When she tried to slit wrists my grandson was up in crib for 5 hours!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

Online

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NY LONG ISLAND

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/23/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Under the circumstances, you (he) should should immediately file for sole custody of the child--asking the Court to let him have physical custody and also be the only parent who would made decisions concerning the child. The Complaint also should ask the Court to prevent the mother from relocating to California with the child while the case is pending.

You can obtain custody forms online on the Court's website. Click here for forms and instructions.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.