Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was just told that the prosecutor drop my case because the…

Customer Question
I was just told...

I was just told that the prosecutor drop my case because the Jude took favor to the father because he lied on stand. i will like to file an appeal but i will like to have my on attorney to represent me. i dont think that they are working against the mothers.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

In Clayton mo. i done wrote the ocse i done been to court after court. nothing never happen he done have contempts as well as warrant and still nothing. i need to know what i need to do. im fighting alone

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No they want 100$ just to talk to me, i cant afford that.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want what is due to me and i just want justice. i am fighting for my life dealing with my heart issue and copd as well epilepsy. i dont want to have to fight for whats right

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/22/2018
Family Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. To clarify, is this a criminal case which was dropped? When you say "dropped" do you mean he was acquitted at trial?

Unfortunately, there's something called double jeopardy. A person who has been acquitted on a criminal case cannot be tried again. Nor, for that reason, can a acquittal be appealed.

What you would have to do if you are the victim here and seeking justice, is to get an attorney and sue the offending party in civil court and prove your case there. You have no further recourse in the criminal justice system.