Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I married my husband (same-sex marriage) 2 years ago in Las…

Customer Question
I married my husband (same-sex...
I married my husband (same-sex marriage) 2 years ago in Las Vegas with the understanding that we were both in agreement with having a surrogate mother in order to have a child eventually. Two years later and now he has stated that he is not okay with adopting and that it's not an option he is willing to consider. Can I have this marriage annulled under these circumstances (same-sex marriage)?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/22/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Great, thank you Ray.

You would have to divorce here.You can just claim irreconcilable differences.It has been too long to annul it.

Forms to file yourself

https://nvcourts.gov/Law_Library/Resources/Forms/Standardized_Divorce_Forms/

I am so sorry this happened to you.I wish you the best here.

If you can positive rate5 stars it i s much appreciated.

n terms of divorce, Nevada is purely a no-fault state. A no-fault divorce does not require the spouse seeking the divorce to accuse the other spouse of any wrongdoing. The first can simply state that the two no longer get along. ... Showing that the spouses have been separated for a minimum of 12 months.

Is Nevada a "No-Fault" Divorce State? - Shouse Law Group

https://www.shouselaw.com/nevada/family/is-nevada-a-no-fault-state

Okay thanks for the help, what is typically the time limit for an annulment?

Anything past 45 days or so is too long.It's not hard at all to divorce in Nevada.In fact may people move there to divorce.