Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

CPS wants to interview my daughter, a trama professional.

Thanks, ***** ***** to...

Thanks, ***** ***** to interview my daughter, a trama professional. They stated, I am not allowed to be present during the interview. The CPS coordinator and Officer get to watch it on a CCTV system, but said they would summarize it for me. Are the allowed to interview my 12yr without her parent present?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

No paper filed that I know of. This is our first encounter. They are responding to case of inappropriate contact with a minor (my husbands brother)

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I am a teacher. I didnt report the incident myself because it wont stick. Is it possible I can be in trouble as a teacher for not reporting this issue to CYS

3/22/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
If there is an order, yes. It is standard practice but you may object and contest in court.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
You hadn't mentioned, as a teacher, if I didn't personally report the issue regarding my daughter, will I be held accountable or have consequences via the child reporting act
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksI see no liability to you for not reporting where no clear indication of knowledge of misconduct.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Ah didn't realize in the phone option, I wouldn't be redirected to you. Thankful what actually took place was a failed attempt, with no visual confirmation. Thus no report was made, however it has since been reported by brother in law. He's had tried to threaten I had prior knowledge of the event and hadnt reported it, thus Id be in trouble with my job or the educational board.
Thanks for the Answers
DanLegal
DanLegal, Divorce Lawyer
Phone call session started
This is Dan and I tried to contact you via telephone - is there a time that works best?
I received a call but was not able to hear you the connection must be poor. I am available all evening. The number used prior is the best number]