Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Single mother wants to take child out of state. From Pa.

Customer Question
Single mother wants to...

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the mother taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is she in?

Pennsylvania

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/22/2018
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Is there any custody or visitation order issued by any court?

Are you online with me?

I'm here no papers have been filed

Thank you for the additional information.

If there is no order for custody or visitation stating otherwise, then the mother is presumed custodial parent and she can relocate anywhere in the US she wants without the consent or permission of the father.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.