Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

HOW CAN i GET A COURT APPOINTED CHILD ADVOCATE FOR MY CHILD?

Customer Question
HOW CAN i GET...

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, the case is in Clark county Nevada as that where I was divorced. My ex abused me and my daughter. 5 therapists have said he molested her sexually. I am due in court in Las Vegas on 3/28. I was allowed to move back to Texas and came across the state line with my child on 9/11/16. According to Safe Haven, we are now citizens. The latest therapist here told me I need the court appointed child advocate can you help? Do you give referrals for reasonably priced attorneys who will write a motion for the jurisdiction to be moved here and then for me to have sole custody. If you haven't read about the family law system in Las Vegas you will find that they rule often against mothers regardless of the circumstances, etc.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I am in Texas, Tarrant County.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have over 1000 hours of videos and recordings of him abusing me, etc. He now is playing the game with calling her on Facetime and staying on the phone so it looks like he is a good father. The reality is he doesn't talk, and the weekly in home therapist has witnessed it. His current motion is to force me back to Las Vegas and let him have her for a week-end. He is violent and dangerous although on the surface he appears normal and extremely nice.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/23/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You need to contact battered women shelters in Texas for legal assistance. Click here to find the contact information.

You may also contact Texaslawhelp.org for assistance.

Finally, you can use the following sites to find Texas Attorneys who handle domestic violence and custody issues to assist you with the case:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

This site does not offer legal representation.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I have done that. Their legal couldn’t assist me because of “lack of resources”. Ive tried everywhere and no one will help me and I need to protect my child and myself.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

I am sorry to read that the Battered Women Shelters were of no help. Your choice at this point is to file the Motion yourself. You may also through this site's premium service, which I do not participate in request for document drafting at additional cost by opening a new thread and asking for document drafting. Any interested Attorney would contact you with an offer.

In any event, you are protected at the shelter that you are currently in. The Court cannot force you to return back to Las Vegas for the hearing on the 28th.

Best wishes,

No but they are forcing me back for his visitation. It will most likely be the end of our lives as we know it. He’s a bad man who is using the court system to abuse us. What I need is emergency jurisdiction here and someone to stop this. I think it’ll go beyond just filing a motion.

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,