Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son is 14 months old and lives with his father in

Customer Question
clearfield PA I was just...
My son is 14 months old and lives with his father in clearfield PA I was just informed by his brothers girlfriend that my child is being neglected and the father is coming home extremely intoxicated I was also informed by her that there is severe fighting in the household and the fights are being videotaped by the mother with all of this being said from her is this enough information to file for emergency custody the father is not supposed to be drinking on our court order it states this
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Also my son and his father are being kicked out of the house and house hoping sometimes once a week or even twice a week.
3/22/2018
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 4 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Yes, this is enough information to file for emergency custody. The more information supporting this report the stronger your motion for custody will be. To get a hearing right away you can submit an Ex Parte Motion to Expedite Hearing when you file your motion for emergency custody.

Has anyone considered calling Child Protective Services? It's a two-edged sword: if CPS gets involved they call the shots. But they can move very quickly to secure your son's safety.

Have you been in touch with your son's school? Do they have any concerns about his home life?

Sue

My family and I have contacted their CPS and they have investigated before and the father and grandmother are covering up what is going on. The girlfriend has witnessed everything first hand in the home
CPS has been involved and closed the case. The girlfriend said that the baby is not being interacted with the father is never with him and he comes home intoxicated smelling like alcohol.

That's too bad.

In any event, if you find the girlfriend credible, you have sufficient grounds to file for emergency custody.

Sue

I have to go off-line for a while.

I'll check back in with you soon.

Sue

Is there more I can help you with?

Sue