Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son left home at 17, however returned because the place…

Customer Question
My son left home...

My son left home at 17, however returned because the place he was living was "bad" then began running around with same friend and now has returned to their home. He's lost a massive amount of weight over there, is always sick and calling me to take him to the doctor...I am very concerned for his welfare. Is there any way I can force him to be at home? He also has some mental health issues.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

No. I was told at 17 they are considered an adult in SC and he may come and go as he pleases.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has he talked to a lawyer about this yet?

My son? No, he just left.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am concerned these individuals are gang affiliated, the mother has boasted about being in a New York gang.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/23/2018
Family Lawyer: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Continue
Family Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Has your son ever been diagnosed with a mental disability? Has he ever been evaluated?