Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife's pain management doctors has been issuing opioid…

Customer Question
My wife's pain management...

My wife's pain management doctors has been issuing opioid medication to my wife. that has been ruining our marriage. can I make him stop?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

We are still married but she has anger issues that persist when ever she is using that is destroying our marrige

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Califorinia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to stop him from prescription that has bee running our lives

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/22/2018
Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer

Hello I would be happy to assist you with your question. Please allow me few moments to review your question.

I have not

Unfortunately, you cannot stop the doctor from prescribing the opioid medication. The best avenue to work towards resolving this issue would be communication. First, if this has not been discussed with your wife it should be done first. If it has not been brought up she may not be aware of how the medication is affecting your relationship. Communication with her doctor is confidential, but if she gives consent then you and your wife can also discuss her reactions on the medication, with her doctor, and discuss alternative medication. You can also speak with a marriage counselor or psychiatrist. Even if she is unwilling to attend, you could discuss this issue with a counselor who would be able to give you helpful insights on how to address this issue with your wife. Finally, if you have family and or a religious organization whose input on this issue you feel your wife would be receptive to, that to is an option. I am sorry that you are going through this.

Please let me know if there is anything else you want to discuss. I would be happy to continue this conversation. If so just reply to this response. If you are satisfied with this response, please Accept the answer and provide a rating. Doing so costs you nothing extra. Experts are independent contractors and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for the time reviewing and responding to questions as we are not employees of the site. You may also get a request for a telephone call, but that is from the site and not the experts. I hope your legal issue works out to your satisfaction.

If you are satisfied with my responses to your questions, please accept the answer, and provide a rating (5 stars would be appreciated). It cost you nothing additionally to do so. The experts who answer your questions are independent contractors, and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for our responses. Thanks, ***** ***** hope everything works out to your satisfaction.