Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need help on organizing my documents to make things easier…

Customer Question
I need help on organizing...
I need help on organizing my documents to make things easier when I die. (I'm still quite healthy and active though...hahahha)
Very simple life with no assets beside my home that I'm still paying (hopefully it will be paid off in 15 years when I retire) , my pension, SS, and a 403b ....
Have been listening to friends about wills and initially I thought this kind of thing would be only for wealthy people .....
Where should I start?
Also ..want to know about non resuscitating document ....
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/21/2018
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 6 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Nothing wrong with planning for the inevitable (king or peasant, we all dance with the reaper, right?). Are you married or single?

Married
34;...no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation." I understand ...I'm just educating myself.

Last question - what STATE is this in, please?

Florida

Good deal. Here is a link to a very simple WILL for married persons, which both of you can use - see HERE. This should work in FL. Let me know if you need anything a little more complicated. Things like insurance and 401k, etc - they have their own beneficiary form. You can fill request a beneficiary form from the company overseeing the asset and name a person, or name your estate, in which case it'll go into your general estate should something happen to you.

HERE is an FL do no resuscitate order.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.