Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son's ex-girlfriend filed a restraining order against him…

Customer Question
My son's ex-girlfriend filed...

My son's ex-girlfriend filed a restraining order against him after she and 6 friends came to his place to get her things. They basically ransacked the place. Now she has messaged me saying she will drop the restraining order if he will give her the things she forgot - coats and shoes, etc. I said I would talk to him. Can she get this rescinded? Did I endanger him by even communicating with her?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

No. There are no children involved. They were engaged but were drifting apart.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

Colorado.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The girlfriend went to California with her daughter and friend - didn't invite my son. This really grated on him and he told her she needed to get her things and move out. He expected her to call and arrange a time and instead she showed up with friends. Now he is angry with me for talking with her since he feels I can endanger his position.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Family Law
3/21/2018
Family Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 29 days ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. Do you know if it's only a temporary restraining order, or they actually went to court and it was made "final" or "permanent?"

Family Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 27 days ago

I see you haven't viewed the question yet. Did you still need assistance with this matter?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
This has been resolved since I contacted this website. If anything changes, I'll contact you. Thank you.
Family Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 26 days ago

Ok.

Ely, Counselor at Law