Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How likely are my chances to have a visitation order

Customer Question
How likely are my...

How likely are my chances to have a visitation order modified to where the other parent would have to request visits from me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Yes. I filed for sole custody with visitation for father and was granted it. However, I'm having a very difficult time working alongside him with his visitation days to where our child is comfortable and safe. He lives in Florida and wants her to come there for visits but she does not have an established relationship with him. They weren't any specifics placed in the order

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

I have not. I can't afford the fees.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The father and I were never married. My daughters has resided with me her whole life and has not seen her father in almost 5 years.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/21/2018
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Was anything specifically ordered? By that, I mean you shared that you are having a hard time working with him, so it would appear that nothing was specifically ordered?

Ely, Counselor at Law