Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

When does child support stops in arkansas if it not in the…

When does child support...

When does child support stops in arkansas if it not in the divorce papers

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in AR family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

One child is 24 out on his own and working the other is 18 but in high school

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

In Arkansas, a person’s child support obligation will stop when one of the following things happens:

1. The child turns 18 and is not enrolled in high school. (He or she has either graduated or dropped out when he or she turns 18.)
  2. The child is over 18 and graduates from high school.
  3. The end of the school year after the child turns 19.
  4. The child is emancipated.
  5. The child marries.
  6. The child dies.
  7. The child’s parents remarry.
  8. The child is adopted.

As such, this can be modified and terminated for the child who is 24 and once the 18-year-old graduates.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer